They were first spotted on-screen in "101 Dalmations" (1961)
The puppies were originally from an unnamed world in the Kingdom Hearts universe, raised by Pongo and Perdita. Sometime after they were captured by and rescued from Cruella De Vil, their world was destroyed by the darkness. The puppies were scattered throughout all the worlds in Kingdom Hearts, for the most part seperated. Somehow during the destruction of the world, they were put into chests in groups of threes and were scattered through the worlds.
The 99 Puppies look like real Dalmations. Something to note is that they wear collars to represent their sex: blue for females, red for males.
- 1,2,3: The island across from Merlin's house. Behind his house, Mermaid Kick can be used to get onto the small island from the water.
- 4,5,6: 1st District. Red Trinity mark is needed to smash through the wooden wall.
- 7,8,9: Item Synthesis Shop. Reached after the player activates the green Trinity mark in the Accessory Shop.
- 10, 11, 12: Hidden in the secret waterway. Reached after the player completes the red Trinity mark to break through the sewer gate.
- 13, 14, 15: On a high platform in the Queen of Hearts's castle. Accessed through a hidden exit in the Lotus Forrest.
- 16, 17, 18: On one of the high platforms in the Lotus Forrest
- 19, 20, 21: In the Tea Party Garden. The High Jump ability is needed to reach the roof of the small house.
- 22, 23, 24: Found by activating the blue Trinity mark beside the Main Gait.
- 25, 26, 27: On the last islet in the Hippo's Lagoon. Glide is required to reach the last islet.
- 28, 29, 30: The Vines 2 area found by climing the moss in Hippo's Lagoon.
- 31, 32, 33: Blue Trinity mark in the Climing Trees area.
- 34, 35, 36: Blue Trinity in the Camp.
- 37, 38, 39: In Aladdin's house.
- 46, 47, 48: Palace Gates
- 49, 50, 51: Cave of Wonders Entrance on a platform. Requires High Jump and Glide to reach.
- 52, 53, 54: Treasure Room in the Cave of Wonders
- 40, 41, 42: Bridge area, close to the entrance of Oogie's Manor
- 64, 65, 66: After defeating Oogie Boogie's 2nd form, in Moonlight Hill, search for a secret doorway and go in the new accessible door to obtain the chest.
- 67, 68, 69: In Jack's House, underneath the staircase.
- 70, 71, 72: Guillotine Square, use Glide to reach the "mouth" of the gray pumpkin-like tower.
- 55, 56, 57: In Chamber 3.
- 58, 59, 60: After the water level drops, the chest can be found on a stack of jetsam.
- 73, 74, 75: In the Mouth on top of debris. Needs High Jump to reach
- 76, 77, 78: In Chamber 3, on a platform that can be reached by using a barrel.
- 79, 80, 81: In Chamber 5, on a barrel on one of the higher platforms in the area.
- 43, 44, 45: In a corner of the Clock Tower (Big Ben).
- 82, 83, 84: When flying, on a beam in the ship's Hold.
- 85, 86, 87: Yellow Trinity mark in the ship's Hold.
- 88, 89, 90: Chest in the Captain's Cabin, after the battle with Anti Sora.
- 61, 62, 63: In the Grand Hall on a left ledge near the Dark Depths entrance on the player's second visit.
- 91, 92, 93: At the bottom of Rising Falls, reachable from the bubble transport.
- 94, 95, 96: Cast Gravity to lower the floating platform in the Castle Gates.
- 97, 98, 99: Cast Gravity to lower the floating platform in the High Tower.
- 12 puppies: Curaga-G gummi block
- 21 puppies: Firaga-G gummi block
- 30 puppies: Thundara-G gummi block
- 42 puppies: Mythril Shard
- 51 puppies: 100 Acre Wood torn page, Mythril
- 60 puppies: Megalixir
- 72 puppies: Orichalcum
- 81 puppies: Ultima-G gummi block
- 90 puppies: Ribbon Accessory
- 99 puppies: Every gummi block and Aero magic upgrade (most times Aerora to Aeroraga
I will write later!